Saturday, December 22, 2007

By Sky, member of Brand New Aspiring Writers

I sent out 7 new e-query letters for The Price of Freedom.

I know I've told everyone I'd stop after 2006 and seeing that's almost 2 years since my last batch--I thought I'd give it some limited tries and see what happens.

I completely abandoned the "traditional approach" to query-letter writing--seeing how all the old standbyes never worked worth a damn anyways; and just went with what I thought was a well-structured query letter.

3 pages total, but I gave it a personal touch to the whole thing: Kept the thing on track with what I was pitching, didn't rush it--gave the agent high points and some low points, but above all?

I think I did better this time around than I did last time. Last time, I didn't give one whit.

Pissed, angry, rebellious.

This time, I was a bit more sure of myself.




The Starchild (1,274 pages; $7.50-e-book) Release date: TBA

Sky's book news and other things

Sky's Blog

1 comment:

writerwoman said...

I'm looking forward to reading your novel when it comes out. It will happen one day! I have faith. There is not a harder working writer that I know.