Saturday, July 21, 2007

Carnival of Beauty

Others will seek consolation for pain,
haunting the wishbone moment,
numb to sense.

I turn into my own desolate soul, hearing myself
break apart-
unwritten
at the mental seams.

The repeated decrescendo
blasting against my ears-
screams echo and echo, echo, echo, echo,
until daylight broke.

Bless me, bless me, bless these wrists.
Mama, I think I am coming home.





Line one-Tiel Aisha Ansari with her lovely offering Rainmaker



Line two- Shakir Hasnain, a talented poet and friend, who wrote Mirror Writing, check it out. The first two lines are remarkable!



Line three- Shakir Hasnain who also graces us with another piece of his work,Flaw

Line four- Sara from Poets Who Blog

Line five- Sara's poetry blog The Shores of My Dreams

Line six-Skakir Hasnain at his third blog asks that you read the longing filled, exquitely crafted poem The Weatherman

Line seven- Rax, who never fails to amaze me, shares her poem Stitch

Line eight-KGT who shares with us an allegorical masterpiece, My Shameless Lion Pareto



Line nine-Sara with her third blog, non- poetry Aspiring Romance Writer


Line ten- Brian who offers a gripping poem called Bars on My Soul


Line eleven- Terry McDermott from The Shamgar Report with his poem Checkered Cloth


Line twelve-Sharanya Manivannan adds an international flair to our carnival with her poem Duende (The Gypsy Prayer)



Line thirteen-Soham Das, one of the latest poets to share his talent with Poets Who Blog. His line from I Am Coming Home, and all his work posted online, has its
Rights Reserved as per Creative Commons Attributive-Non Derivative 2007 License Soham Das.





Thank you to all the poets who took part in this week’s carnival and to Billy for running the Ringing of the Bards. All the sentence fragments listed above come from the poems that the poets submitted. They belong to the poet who wrote them. Thank you for letting me use them in this way for our carnival.

* if you believed you submitted to this carnival but was not included email me at IlovetowriteSMP@yahoo.com

5 comments:

crimsonflaw said...

thank you sara for this beautiful way of putting our words togehrter

Anonymous said...

Lovely carnival. :) Great job to everyone.

Anna said...

Can we do another carnival?

I think I missed it.

I have started to notice how nice it is to have concourse with other poets. I start to love comments. I am getting more interested in poetry! It cheers me up. Even if it's sad poetry! I hope we can do some more things before my Internet connection dies.

Patent lawyer said...

Amazing poem. This line in particular: 'screams echo and echo, echo, echo, echo' wow. The repetition of 'echo' really DOES make it echo -- the jump from 'echo AND echo' to just the listing of the words really enacts this feeling of crescendo - wonderful rhythm.

Salt Lake City Cabinets said...

Lovely blog thanks for sharing